In this episode, you’ll hear these things:
Personal development needs a SO THAT:
- Whose stolen land do you live on?
- Why personal work must include a SO THAT…..
- Restating my mission: Highly sensitive people have an important place on the planet
- Why personal development work is important for us and why it can’t end with us
- The problems with personal development work
- What the tools of personal development really do and why it’s important for community freedom
- Sukie and her wild mustang, Shelby, and what their relationship tells us about how our personal space relates with the rest of the world and those around us
- We can’t be personally free unless everyone else is free, and the ways in which I am personally experiencing that in my current life
- You and I aren’t free until the systems of oppression are dismantled
Intuitive development is not supernatural
- Like athleticism, intuition is something that we can have a gift for, and that most of us can participate in, whether or not we do it professionally
- Sensitivity is one of the natural gifts that lays the groundwork for a specialty in intuition
- Sensitivity is the precursor to empathy
- Intuitive readings aren’t supernatural, their just a way to more acutely use empathy
- We might have strengths in one or more of the clair’s, but we can learn them all
The need for sensitives and empaths to have a sacred space together
- My shameless plug for The Refuge for Sacred Rebellion
- The personal spaces where I’m needing support of other people, and why I’m glad The Refuge exists now
- The Sensitive Self Defense course that is part of The Refuge and what the tools have meant for members
- How The School for Sacred Rebellion teaches the clair’s and finishes with an Integration Mentorship to help you do you – the intuitive
- The link to The Refuge
If we want to live in a world where sensitivity is respected –
- If we want the ease, the intuitive, the sensitive to be as respected as the pushing, the cognitive, the callous, we need collective freedom
- We need both personal work and collective/community work
- This is an intersectional feminist issue
- This is an issue for equality – not just for people but also for what we value as communities
- We can’t create a sensitive world unless we who are doing this personal work get out in the world
So what can you do?
- From Andréa Renae:
- Get clear about what is present for you now
- What is your vision?
- What are the challenges that are in the way?
- Solutions + Strategies + Experiments
We want you in The Refuge if you need a place